Existing resource conflict with helm 3

Hello,

I’m following the installation guide for installing the Kong ingress controller with Helm: https://github.com/Kong/kubernetes-ingress-controller/blob/master/docs/deployment/k4k8s.md#helm. I’m using helm version 3.0.3 version.BuildInfo{Version:"v3.0.3", GitCommit:"ac925eb7279f4a6955df663a0128044a8a6b7593", GitTreeState:"clean", GoVersion:"go1.13.6"}.

When I run helm install demo kong/kong -n kong I get the following error returned:

Error: rendered manifests contain a resource that already exists. Unable to continue with install: existing resource conflict: kind: CustomResourceDefinition, namespace: , name: kongingresses.configuration.konghq.com

I’ve had a look and I can’t find any reference to this error within the documentation. Is it to do with the version of helm I’m running? I’ve also pulled the helm chart and can’t find any duplication in the YAML. I’m well and truly stumped on this one.

I have the same issue with the latest version of helm 3.1.0

Thank you in advance

1 Like

UPDATE: I managed to fix this by reverting to helm 2.16.1 is helm 3 supported? If not is support planned?

Helm 3 is supported but you need to tweak the command you use to install Kong:

© 2019 Kong Inc.    Terms  •  Privacy  •  FAQ