Support linux/arm/v7

Hi!,

I am new using Kong. I am working on a personal project with K3s and Raspberry Pi 3B+. I was reading your repo issues about support to ARM but it’s only about arm64.

Do you have in your roadmap provide support to linux/arm/v7 soon ?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

We haven’t seen a lot of demand for it yet but if the community really wants it, we can work with you to add support for ti.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer!. I am checking how works kong-build-tools to build it for linux-arm-v7.

Hi!,

I was trying to compile it but in the end, I w wasting so much time and I am not getting the results that I was wanted.

I write here my solution because maybe someone has the same problem:

• I upgraded one of my Raspberry PI to a 64 Bit Kernel following this article.

• I used Node affinity to defined it as a special node with arm64 arch and I updated my k8s template to only work in this kind of Node.

• I found that the Kong image was built on linux/arm64/v8 and my Raspberry was requiring linux/arm64. I built my own version ymedlop/kong:2.0.1-ubuntu.

• About the ingress-controler image I used: leandrocarneiro/kong-ingress-controller:0.7.0

Thank you!

I second this request of adding armv7

Hi, any news regarding this issue?
I’ve tried to install it using this article:

with this command:
kubectl create -f https://bit.ly/k4k8s

and a pod failed to exec…
did you add and remove the support for arm64

Hi all,

are there new about it?

I would like to use the Kong Gateway (OSS, using docker) with Azure IoT Edge framework on raspberry Pi 4 but for this board Azure supports the Raspbian Buster as Operating System for architecture arm.

Thanks and Br