Kong Ingress issue on Minikube

Hi,

I’m trying to setup kong ingress in my local minikube.

curl -sL https://bit.ly/kong-ingress | kubectl create -f -
W0821 16:03:23.011142 8837 factory_object_mapping.go:423] Failed to download OpenAPI (the server could not find the requested resource), falling back to swagger
namespace “kong” created
serviceaccount “kong-serviceaccount” created
clusterrole “kong-ingress-clusterrole” created
clusterrolebinding “kong-ingress-clusterrole-nisa-binding” created
unable to recognize “STDIN”: no matches for apiextensions.k8s.io/, Kind=CustomResourceDefinition
unable to recognize “STDIN”: no matches for apiextensions.k8s.io/, Kind=CustomResourceDefinition
error validating “STDIN”: error validating data: found invalid field externalTrafficPolicy for v1.ServiceSpec; if you choose to ignore these errors, turn validation off with --validate=false

Please help me to sort it out.

Which version of Minikube and version of Kubernetes are you running?

Please paste the output of the following commands:

minikube version
kubectl version
1 Like

minikube version
minikube version: v0.18.0

kubectl version
Client Version: version.Info{Major:“1”, Minor:“8”, GitVersion:“v1.8.7”, GitCommit:“b30876a5539f09684ff9fde266fda10b37738c9c”, GitTreeState:“clean”, BuildDate:“2018-01-16T21:59:57Z”, GoVersion:“go1.8.3”, Compiler:“gc”, Platform:“linux/amd64”}
The connection to the server 192.168.99.105:8443 was refused - did you specify the right host or port?

Kubernetes 1.8 is not supported. It has been EOLed already.
Please update your Minikube installation and then start a Kubernetes cluster with a newer version (1.10+ at least).

I’ve already figured it out. Thank you.