Kong 0.15 upgrade

We are currently running Kong 0.13.0 with Datastax Enterprise 6 as the back end. We cant go to 0.14.0 as the migrations fail, an issue https://github.com/Kong/kong/pull/3873 that I created a PR for that was merged into 1.0/0.15.

We are now planning to upgrade to 0.15 move our apis to routes and services and then upgrade to 1.0.

My question is given we cant move to 0.14 can we upgrade 0.13 to 0.15 directly ?

If not the case I will need to upgrade to 0.14, make the same changes to the lua code after install so the migrations can occur then upgrade to 0.15.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
George

My question is given we cant move to 0.14 can we upgrade 0.13 to 0.15 directly ?

Kong 0.15.0/1.0.0 explicitly prevents a migrations from an older version, you’ll first need to migrate to Kong 0.14.x.

If not the case I will need to upgrade to 0.14, make the same changes to the lua code after install so the migrations can occur then upgrade to 0.15.0.

I think yes, you’ll need to do the migration to 0.14.0 with the PATCH of the linked PR, do the migration and then upgrade to 0.15.0.

Is there a reason you’d like to upgrade to 0.15.0 and not 1.0.0 directly (you can upgrade directly from 0.14.x to 1.0)?

Also, if you’ve not already done so, please check out the upgrade guide.

Thanks for that, the plan was to go to 0.15 and convert apis to R&S and then go to 1.0.0 hoping to not have to go to 0.14 in between.

I was hoping to go to 0.15 to do the conversion as the admin api for routes now has names which makes it easier to manage in a configuration management system without having to save route id’s.

Either way it still means we have to go to 0.14 and make code changes on installation no matter which path we take.

Thanks for the info

If not the case I will need to upgrade to 0.14, make the same changes to the lua code after install so the migrations can occur then upgrade to 0.15.

Hopefully, it should be too painful to execute this plan. Let us know if you face any difficulties.

Meanwhile, would you resolve the post by marking a solution as accepted?
Thanks!