Disabling access logs for /status

I’m using the /status endpoint on the admin port as a readiness probe for Kong. The probe is triggered every 10 sec, which generates a lot of (useless) access logs generated just for this purpose.
Is it possible to deactivate the access logs just for this /status endpoint ?

My understanding is that the /status is internally redirected to the /nginx_status internal endpoint, and the definition of this endpoint in the nginx-kong.conf file has the clause access_log off… but still, the access logs are there !

Did I missed something ?
A bug?

Thanks !

Hi,

Anyone from the Kong team or others having a feedback on this question?

Are you using like kubernetes for your deployments? If so Why not use a check like so:

https://www.tigraine.at/2017/01/19/configuring-kong-health-checks-in-kubernetes

readinessProbe:                                                                                                                                                                                            
   exec:                                                                                                                                                                                                    
     command:                                                                                                                                                                                               
       - kong                                                                                                                                                                                               
       - health 

The article is a bit out of date regarding the /status behavior and its older problems but I still think using kong health is a great alternative. Might be what you want.