: a container name must be specified for pod kong-ingress-controlle

I have been installing kong ingress controller deployment from this script, which I’ve customized a little bit because I don’t have Postgres service like Statefulset, I have a manage Postgres Azure service and the idea is to connect to it.

When I finish my kubectl apply command I get this output:

⟩ kubectl apply -f kongwithingres.yaml 
namespace/kong created
customresourcedefinition.apiextensions.k8s.io/kongplugins.configuration.konghq.com created
customresourcedefinition.apiextensions.k8s.io/kongconsumers.configuration.konghq.com created
customresourcedefinition.apiextensions.k8s.io/kongcredentials.configuration.konghq.com created
customresourcedefinition.apiextensions.k8s.io/kongingresses.configuration.konghq.com created
serviceaccount/kong-serviceaccount created
clusterrole.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/kong-ingress-clusterrole created
role.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/kong-ingress-role created
rolebinding.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/kong-ingress-role-nisa-binding created
clusterrolebinding.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/kong-ingress-clusterrole-nisa-binding created
service/kong-ingress-controller created
deployment.extensions/kong-ingress-controller createdservice/kong-proxy created
deployment.extensions/kong created
job.batch/kong-migrations created

But my kong pods are in CrashLoopBackOff status

⟩ kubectl get pods -n kong
NAME                                      READY   STATUS                  RESTARTS   AGE
kong-57cfdc8687-7vkhd                     0/1     Init:CrashLoopBackOff   1          6s
kong-ingress-controller-b9d5c7f64-v2rhf   0/2     Init:CrashLoopBackOff   30         133m
[I] 

In this answer says that:

Kong cannot talk to the Postgres database.

My kubectl logs pod is the following:

kubectl logs kong-ingress-controller-b9d5c7f64-v2rhf -p -n kong
Error from server (BadRequest): a container name must be specified for pod kong-ingress-controller-b9d5c7f64-v2rhf, choose one of: [admin-api ingress-controller] or one of the init containers: [wait-for-migrations]
[I] 

I am going to name of the code section that the error reference, precisely here and change the name of the container in the initContainers attribute, but nothing change, I have the same CrashLoopBackOff status

Is my problem communication with my external Postgres database?

How to can I point to my Azure Postgresql?

In these lines of the kong Deployment manifest, I am configuring the access to Postgres via env attributes

The server name of my Postgres az database is this zcrm365-postgresql1.postgres.database.azure.com and I’ve created some rule name to allow
access from any point to my database.

Could you please share the logs of Kong migrations or Kong init containers? The errors in those logs will help you figure out if it’s a connectivity issue between Kong and Postgres.

To get the logs of a specific container inside a pod, please use the following:

kubectl logs -f -n namespace my-pod -c my-container

Hi @hbagdi this question was related with this another question that I’ve posted too. If you want and in order to don’t create noise in the questions, you or some moderator can remove this question.

Of anyway thanks so much for your support and answers here in the forum. It is very nice :slight_smile: