Kong Container limiting number of connections

Hi All, I have kong container using as load balancer + proxy server and my server application container is running on the same host . I am trying to create 200k websocket connections.

1. I am unable to achieve more than 85k connections when server application and kong containers are on the same host. after reaching 85k I see these kong logs

" *639120 connect() failed (110: Operation timed out) while connecting to upstream, client: 172.16.27.133, server: kong, request: “GET /Path HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “http://IP:PORT/”, host: “IP:PORT

1. I am able to achieve 200k connection when I bypass kong and establish direct connections with server.
  2. I am able to achieve 200k connection when I deployed kong container on the other host and my server application on different host .

I have tried changing cache, send, read timeout limits but nothing worked for me . I am curious what’s limiting the number of connections through kong when running on the same host as server application and what are the parameters that needs to be changed.
**Clients are running from different host

any help here would be appreciated, please