We are happy to announce that Kong 2.2.0 is now generally available!
Updated Docker images should be live soon on Docker Hub.
This release comes packed with exciting new functionalities:
- Support for UDP proxying in its stream subsystem
- Extended functionality for Go plugins
- Configurable request and response buffering
- Support for automatically loading OS certificates
Other notable improvements and fixes included on this release are:
- Rate-limiting by URL path without having to create a separate Route for each path
- Removed target history from the database which eliminates the need for periodic database cleanup of targets and improves consistent hashing behavior for DB-less scenarios
- Per-upstream client certificate can be used for proxying as well as health checks
- Admin API and PDK now honor the setting for headers
- Bump to OpenResty 126.96.36.199, which includes multiple bug fixes, features and optimizations.
- Various improvements for Hybrid Mode which result in an overall smoother scenario
More detail and PR links are available at the 2.2.0 Changelog.