Convert GET to POST; request is missing body structure

I tried the request-transformer and serverless (pre and post) plugins to convert a GET to a POST, however when I go to add data to the body there is no body structure and fails. Even tried creating the body structure, but it is not working.
The request-transformer does not create the body and then using the serverless as follow up to add the data fails too.
The serverless pre/post do not create the body for the POST, even tried creating it with a pre-function for the post-function to use.
NOTE: It does work if you include content type as json, but is it possible without that header added?

You may have better visibility in the Questions forum, since this is about plugin usage/development rather than the Kubernetes tooling.

GitHub - openresty/lua-nginx-module: Embed the Power of Lua into NGINX HTTP servers and GitHub - openresty/lua-nginx-module: Embed the Power of Lua into NGINX HTTP servers are what you should be using for this.

Not working without Content-Type makes sense since including it is important for any well-formed POST request with body data. Upstream applications may gracefully degrade without it but will almost always work better with it. I’d simply work under the expectation that you need to include it.