"checking config status failed" error="HTTP status 500 (message: \"An unexpected error occurred\")"

Hi,

We are seeing the following errors with kong/kubernetes-ingress-controller:2.7 and kong:2.8.3 deployed on GKE v1.22.

level=error msg="checking config status failed" error="HTTP status 500 (message: \"An unexpected error occurred\")"
level=debug msg="configuration state unknown, skipping sync to kong"

I am not sure where to begin in troubleshooting this error. How do we fix this?

This issue in Github looks similar to the errors that I am seeing: http2 requests not supported yet and checking config status failed: %!w(*kong.APIError=&{500 An unexpected error occurred}) · Issue #2435 · Kong/kubernetes-ingress-controller · GitHub

We are less concerned with the following error, but thought I’d ask anyway:
level=debug msg="error getting an IngressClassParameters: IngressClass kong doesn't reference any parameters" service_name=test-app service_namespace=staging service_port="&ServicePort{Name:,Protocol:TCP,Port:443,TargetPort:{0 443 },NodePort:0,AppProtocol:nil,}

Just concerned if this is something that we need to address, or if this is something that we can ignore.
The IngressClass “kong” that was created via the Helm chart doesn’t have any parameters defined, so I am hoping that this is not an error that we need to fix.

We’ve implemented the workaround mentioned in the Github Issue, and it looks like that worked.