Azure container instance install KONG gatway is not running

I am using the below command to start the KONG into azure container-

az container create --name kong-gateway2 --dns-name-label kong-gateway2 --resource-group mykongresource --image kong:latest --port 8000 8443 8001 8444 --environment-variables KONG_PG_HOST=“-kong-postgres.postgres.database.azure.com" KONG_PG_USER="******” KONG_PG_SSL=“true” KONG_PG_PASSWORD="*****" KONG_PROXY_ACCESS_LOG="/dev/stdout" KONG_ADMIN_ACCESS_LOG="/dev/stdout" KONG_PROXY_ERROR_LOG="/dev/stderr" KONG_ADMIN_ERROR_LOG="/dev/stderr" KONG_ADMIN_LISTEN=“0.0.0.0:8001, 0.0.0.0:8444 ssl”

Kong-gateway instance is created successfully but unfortunelty it is not running , i check the log showing ssl error-

"2019/11/12 11:25:50 [error] 1#0: init_by_lua error: /usr/local/share/lua/5.1/kong/init.lua:388: [PostgreSQL error] failed to retrieve PostgreSQL server_version_num: FATAL: SSL connection is required. Please specify SSL options and retry.
stack traceback:

• [C]: in function ‘assert’*
  • /usr/local/share/lua/5.1/kong/init.lua:388: in function ‘init’*
  • init_by_lua:3: in main chunk*
    nginx: [error] init_by_lua error: /usr/local/share/lua/5.1/kong/init.lua:388: [PostgreSQL error] failed to retrieve PostgreSQL server_version_num: FATAL: SSL connection is required. Please specify SSL options and retry."

While i enabled the SSL into my azure postgres sql account and add the

You need to set KONG_PG_SSL to on and not true.

1 Like

It would be nice @rj.netdeveloper care to confirm that KONG_PG_SSL="on" actually fixed his issue.
It would be very helpful for Kong users to maintaining conclusive discussions in the archives.