Adding Certificate Does Not Create SNI

I am attempting to add a SSL certificate to Kong 1.0 and I am not getting this to work as expected. I add the certificate with:

curl -i -m 60 -X POST http://localhost:8001/certificates -F "cert=$(cat cert.pem)" -F "key=$(cat key.pem)" -F "snis=domain.net"

Then I get this response:

{
    "created_at": 1422386534,
    "cert": "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----...",
    "key": "-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----..."
    "snis": [ ]
}

I do not seem to be getting the certificate id or creating the SNI. Am I doing something wrong here?

Hello @Darrell_Henderson,

It looks like you’re passing the snis field as a string and not as an array. Alternatively, you can add the sni for a given certificate separately in its own /snis endpoint

Thanks, @Raimon_Grau,

I have tried passing in multiple SNI’s separated by commas, and I get the same response. I also can not use the /snis endpoint because I am not given a certificate id. Attempting to find the certificate id with GET /certificates gives me similar data.

Could you try with this format for passing arrays: -F "snis[]=domain.net". This should send the parameter formated as an array.

Still, very strange that you’re not getting the “id” back (can’t reproduce that behavior in 1.0.0).

Ahh that did it. Using the array format it added the SNI and when I look at the GET /snis there is a certificate ID. However no cigar. My connection still has the self signed certificate.

It might also be helpful to mention that I am using docker 1.0.0rc3-alpine.

Kong 1.0.0 was just released today, would you try with that, to confirm it’s not working with the latest available Kong?

I have a work around going right now. I will update when I have a proper solution in place.