Our project is undergoing a refactor to a micro-services architecture, and we are currently considering different API gateway solutions, so I come here seeking consultation.
Below are outlined the different properties and requirements of the project, I’d appreciate it if any of you can point out some pros and cons of the solution in regard to them, and it would be great if someone facing similar requirements could share their experience with integrating it.
- The project is of medium scale, has an active user base, and sees daily use around the clock with an incoming traffic count of a few thousand per minute on the backend.
- The project is hosted in a private network, and no cloud services are utilized, so we are looking for a good on-prem solution.
- Looking for a rather lightweight solution.
Technical Info and Requirements
- AD FS-based authentication.
- Significant reliance on JWT.
- Kubernetes deployment, supported by Helm.
- Full-stack under Monorepo.
- Repository and CI/CD are hosted and managed on GitLab.
- The team is trained in several coding languages but prefers working mainly with Typescript as we use React for the front-end, and NestJS for the back-end.