How to set db_update_propagation

I’m getting below Warning on kong startup. can you help me how can I setup db_update_propagation value for Cassandra DB?

2018/07/11 06:17:40 [warn] 1#0: [lua] log.lua:63: log(): You are using Cassandra but your ‘db_update_propagation’ setting is set to ‘0’ (default). Due to the distributed nature of Cassandra, you should increase this value.
nginx: [warn] [lua] log.lua:63: log(): You are using Cassandra but your ‘db_update_propagation’ setting is set to ‘0’ (default). Due to the distributed nature of Cassandra, you should increase this value.

I recommend looking over the documentation a bit but one way is to do it via the environment variables:

so set KONG_DB_UPDATE_PROPAGATION to something(we personally use 5 for our value which may be overkill). Otherwise you can edit the kong.conf value prior to startup and set db_update_propagation directly to 5 as the error states.

Hi,

A good place to start to get info on db_update_propagation is the clustering documentation, which dedicates a section to this property:

Hope that helps,

2 Likes