How Are Services Tied to API's?

I understand how to connect the Service, Route, Upstream, and Target lego blocks. But I don’t understand how the Service gets connected to an API. For example, I have 6 demo API’s and somewhere around 30 demo Services. How can I see which API these 30 demo Services are being attached to?

On a somewhat related note, KongDash doesn’t even display Services-- it only displays API’s.

Let me know if I need to be more clear or if you have follow up questions. The question that this topic is similar in terms of the title, is not the same question.

@oogway_the_turtle Hi,

How can I see which API these 30 demo Services are being attached to?

Services and APIs are completely unrelated entities, and no relationship exists between the two. Services and Routes decouple and replace the old API entity. See this blog post for more details.

On a somewhat related note, KongDash doesn’t even display Services-- it only displays API’s.

KongDash is a community project and as such, isn’t maintained by us at Kong Inc. See this issue which already tracks support for 0.13 and above in KongDash. Kong Enterprise Edition (EE) has an up-to-date dashboard for Kong 0.13 and supports Routes and Services.

Ok great, thanks for your reply. That makes a lot of sense!